Toronto’s destination for all things training! Training documents, software downloads, and event sign-ups can be found here.
The goal of the CZYZ FIR is to provide courteous, realistic and professional ATC service to all VATSIM pilots flying in our airspace. To support that, we strive to provide a flexible and efficient training service to all of our student controllers.
Our training department is led by:
Gary Feddema (CZYZ FIR Director)
Colin Willems (CZYZ Deputy FIR Director)
Dean Roy (CZYZ Chief Instructor)
Rob Nabieszko (VATCAN Training Director)
Reporting to the above are the following three training teams. Each team is led by a certified instructor who is assisted by several mentors. Members of each team and the list of students assigned to each are below. Instructors can be reached for inquiries via email by clicking on their name.
|Colin Willems||Dean Roy||Rob Nabieszko|
Jared Comeau Ayush Gupta Lex Reid David French Geo Jones Jared Powers Mark Trumble Nigam Patel Ryan Miltenberger Mungo Spencer Chris Turcot Dave Angus Lenny Cook Travis Chan George Gyftonicolo Chuck Taylor Josh Perry Shane Barton Matthew Campbell Kristian McColm
Instructors listed above are selected by the Senior Staff and approved by the VATCAN Training Director. They have proven themselves knowledgeable in all areas of ATC and in the training documents and LOA’s of CZYZ. Instructors can provide the same services as Mentors with the additional ability to conduct OTS exams, assign written exams, and promote members.
- Reports to the FIR Chief Instructor
- Supervises Mentors.
- Maintains training Log and checklist for all student controllers.
- Compiles Mentor’s Training Activity Logs for forwarding to the FIR Chief.
- Makes, forwards or denies recommendations for certification or promotion to the Chief Instructor.
- Mentors, assists, and educates student controllers in air traffic control procedures and FIR training documents.
Mentors listed above are selected members of the Toronto FIR that have been trained and approved for providing assistance to student controllers. The duties and responsibilities of Mentors are:
- Report to the FIR Chief Instructor.
- Make recommendations for Exam Authorization, Promotion or Certification of student controllers.
- Mentor, assist, and educate student controllers in air traffic control procedures and FIR training documents.
- Maintain all student controllers personal training log and checklist activities.